Sunday, December 11, 2011

Just Like The Movies

Okay, so here's part of a song I wrote last night called Just Like The Movies:


The wall’s closing in on me and I look at the picture lying on the ground
They say that your first love makes your head spin ‘round,
But they never told me that I’d fall so head over heels for you
Some people say that it almost never feels like the sparks fly,
But when I first laid eyes on you my world was turned upside down almost immediately

We’ll never fall in love they swear
As I run my fingers through my hair
I’m laughing but praying they’re wrong
But I’m not sure it had ever crossed his mind
But I know almost all his favorite songs

Well maybe I can’t tell you his favorite color
But I can tell you he has the most amazing eyes
He likes to argue
Oh and it kills me
His neighbor’s beautiful
Usually if you ask me if I love him, I’d lie
And all those other people were wrong
This is just like the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment